Whew, what a week last week was. Injuries piled on and hurt even the most talented fantasy teams. The pre-season consensus RB1 and RB2 both went down for an extended period of time. ACL injuries were commonplace. It was unfortunate for many players who were just excited to be playing football. This week's rankings are going to look different without some of the top players we are used to seeing. Thursday nights game was a wild one. We saw an undrafted free agent and a 7th round pick take over their respective backfields. Be prepared to see them in some rankings next week.
This week's rankings are only going to take into consideration all Sunday matchups and the Monday night showdown. These rankings are based on Half-PPR leagues.
1) Russell Wilson - Seattle Seahawks
2) Lamar Jackson - Baltimore Ravens
3) Dak Prescott - Dallas Cowboys
4) Patrick Mahomes - Kansas City Chiefs
5) Cam Newton - New England Patriots
Russel Wilson takes the top spot this week in a showdown with Dak Prescott and Dallas. I don’t expect much defense to be played and with a multitude of offensive weapons, points will be scored. Lamar goes up against a stout KC defense but I am still confident in his rushing floor.
6) Kyler Murray - Arizona Cardinals
7) Josh Allen - Buffalo Bills
8) Matt Ryan - Atlanta Falcons
9) Deshaun Watson - Houston Texans
10) Joe Burrow - Cincinatti Bengals
11) Drew Brees - New Orleans Saints
12) Ben Roethlisberger - Pittsburgh Steelers
13) Jared Goff - Los Angeles Rams
14) Matthew Stafford - Detroit Lions
15) Phillip Rivers - Indianapolis Colts
1) Alvin Kamara - New Orleans Saints
2) Ezekiel Elliott - Dallas Cowboys
3) Aaron Jones - Green Bay Packers
4) Jonathan Taylor - Indianapolis Colts
5) Dalvin Cook - Minnesota Vikings
Alvin Kamara is the immediate beneficiary of the injury to Michael Thomas last week. Expect that to continue this week. Jones had a big week, can he do it with the defense not worrying about Adams? Jonathan Taylor against the Jets? Yes, please.
6) Miles Sanders - Philadelphia Eagles
7) Derrick Henry - Tennessee Titans
8) Chris Carson - Seattle Seahawks
9) Clyde Edwards-Helaire - Kansas City Chiefs
10) Melvin Gordon - Denver Broncos
Bumped CEH down a little going against a stout Baltimore defense. Chris Carson's usage in the passing game and his control of the Seattle backfield makes him a top 10 option.
11) James Conner - Pittsburgh Steelers
12) Josh Jacobs - Las Vegas Rams
13) Austin Ekeler - San Diego Chargers
14) Nick Chubb - Cleveland Browns
15) Joe Mixon - Cincinnati Bengals
I love Ekeler, but in a game where the script could shift towards Kelley... Nick Chubb looked great, but how dependent on the game script is he? Mixon continues to slide until Zac Taylor can use him correctly.
16) Kenyan Drake - Arizona Cardinals
17) Todd Gurley - Atlanta Falcons
18) Devin Singletary - Buffalo Bills
19) David Montgomery - Chicago Bears
20) David Johnson - Houston Texans
21) Jerick McKinnon - San Francisco 49ers
22) Kareem Hunt - Cleveland Browns
23) Darrell Henderson - Los Angeles Rams
24) Mike Davis - Carolina Panthers
Wide Receiver Rankings
1) Deandre Hopkins - Arizona Cardinals
2) Calvin Ridley - Atlanta Falcons
3) DJ Moore - Carolina Panthers
4) Amari Cooper - Dallas Cowboys
5) Tyler Lockett - Seattle Seahawks
Ridley is the WR to have right now. With Julio being questionable, expect Ridley to handle the load for Matt Ryan. Again, more Seahawks and Cowboys near the top. Moore and Hopkins are reception machines.
6) Mike Evans - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
7) Terry Mclaurin - Washington Football Team
8) Allen Robinson - Chicago Bears
9) D.K. Metcalf - Seattle Seahawks
10) Chris Godwin - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
I’m a big fan of Godwin, but coming back from a concussion and Evan’s big game against Carolina I’m going to temper expectations. But still, a top 10 ranking isn’t anything to complain about. Scary Terry is back. Metcalf is going to benefit from this high scoring affair.
11) Tyreek Hill - Kansas City Chiefs
12) Stefon Diggs - Buffalo Bills
13) Adam Thielen - Minnesota Vikings
14) Robert Woods - Los Angeles Rams
15) Odell Beckham Jr. - Cleveland Browns
Slid Odell down even after his game last week. Going against a good defensive front I worry a little about Mayfield. I faded Diggs this off-season. Shouldn’t have done that.
16) Keenan Allen - San Diego Chargers
17) Juju Smith-Schuster - Pittsburgh Steelers
18) Diontae Johnson - Pittsburgh Steelers
19) Cooper Kupp - Los Angeles Rams
20) Ceedee Lamb - Dallas Cowboys
21) Marquise Brown - Baltimore Ravens
22) Julian Edelman - New England Patriots
23) Kenny Golladay - Detroit Lions
24) Desean Jackson - Philadelphia Eagles
Tight End Rankings
1) Mark Andrews - Baltimore Ravens
2) Travis Kelce - Kansas City Chiefs
3) Darren Waller - Las Vegas Raiders
4) Hunter Henry - San Diego Chargers
5) Zach Ertz - Philadelphia Eagles
The TEs in the Monday night showdown fill out the top 2 spots. They’ll never be below 3 in my opinion. Waller keeps doing his thing. Is Ertz on the way out of Philadelphia?
6) Dallas Goedert - Philadelphia Eagles
7) T.J. Hockenson - Detroit Lions
8) Evan Engram - New York Giants
9) Noah Fant - Denver Broncos
10) Tyler Higbee - Los Angeles Rams
11) Jared Cook - New Orleans Saints
12) Jonnu Smith - Tennessee Titans
13) Austin Hooper - Cleveland Browns
14) Hayden Hurst - Atlanta Falcons
15) Dalton Schultz - Dallas Cowboys
After the top 3 TEs, it’s a crapshoot of who can vulture a touchdown or grab receptions.